London based Disney fans are spoiled for choice, with the proximity of Disneyland Paris, the recent Wonder of Friendship experience, and now a brand-new 20,000 sqft exhibition. That’s right, Disney100: The Exhibition is coming to London this October. Here’s everything you need to know.
Disney100: The Exhibition
In celebration of the Walt Disney Company’s 100th birthday, a brand new 20,000 sqft exhibition is coming to London’s ExCeL centre this October, brimming with unique memorabilia and lasting until 2024.
Disney fans will be able to step back in time and journey through 10 nostalgic galleries containing rare historical Disney artefacts from the vault, from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) to Encanto (2021). Little ones and Disney adults alike will be able to absorb a whole lot of Disney history through moving stories, original costumes, interactive installations, genuine film props, and behind-the-scenes glimpses into the creation of some of Disney’s most popular characters, films and shows.
The exhibition has been four years in the works, and will arrive in London following residencies at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia USA and Munich’s Small Olympic Hall. With items pulled from the Walt Disney Archives, Marvel Studios, the Pixar Living Archives, the Walt Disney Animation Research Library and the collections of Walt Disney Imagineering, many for the very first time, highlights include:
- The actual prop storybook [Dutch language] from the opening scene of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
- The carousel horse which Disney legend Dick Van Dyke rode in his role as the lovable Bert in Mary Poppins (1964)
- The crystal glass slipper from Cinderella (2015), plus original artwork from the 1950 animated classic
- Original artwork for the animation of ‘Cruella’ from One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961), plus the red dress from Cruella (2021)
- The Iron Man helmet from Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Plenty of photo opportunities, from life-sized Mr Incredible to Goofy and Mickey
‘We are incredibly excited to bring this fantastic exhibition to London,’ says Becky Cline, director of the Walt Disney Archives. ‘We can’t wait for guests in the UK to experience their favourite Disney stories, characters, and attractions in new and immersive ways as we celebrate all the wonderful worlds of Disney.’
Disney100: The Exhibition will open on 13 October 2023 and last until 2024.
At the ExCeL Centre, directly accessible via the Elizabeth Line.
ExCeL London, One Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1XL
How To Get Tickets
Sign up to the exclusive waitlist here. Tickets will go on sale from 18 July 2023, starting from £16.50 off peak for children.
Fans who book to visit on 16 October 2023 (Disney’s 100th anniversary) will enjoy extended opening until 9pm, and all tickets for the full day will be VIP. disney100exhibit.com