Comfort Food Recipe: Croque Monsieur
Le Pigalle Paris shares its ultimate comfort food recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more
Looking for the best comfort food recipes? They don’t come more satisfying (or easier) than this one. Le Pigalle, one of our favourite neighbourhood hotels in Paris, has shared the ultimate croque monsieur recipe to keep us going through lockdown. Think butter, think Comté cheese, think thick cut ham – think about curling up on your sofa and biting into this little chunk of heaven.
Le Pigalle’s Croque Monsieur Recipe
- 2 slices of Harry’s American sandwich bread
- 50g of butter
- 50g of Comté Cheese Aged 24 Months
- 50g of Prince de Paris ham
- Butter the two bread slices on each side
- Place 25g of Comté, 50g of ham, 25g of Comté on the first buttered slice, and close with the second one
- Toast about 3 minutes in the sandwich toaster or preheat oven to 200ºC on grill mode and toast for about 5 minutes
Recipe courtesy of lepigalle.paris
How to enjoy in true Parisian style? Move your patio furniture onto your front porch and eat to backdrop of a (quieter than usual but still) busy street with the papers and a cup or four of coffee.
Want to know more about Le Pigalle? Read our full guide to the Parisian area and the hotel in our Pigalle feature, or check out our Paris travel guide and start planning ahead for your next trip.