Huntsmore is the Architecture Practice Creating Beautiful Period Homes
Huntsmore is a Great British Brand 2023
Huntsmore is an entry in our Great British Brands 2023 book.
Huntsmore: Great British Brand 2023
‘We are a compact and highly focused team specialising in heritage properties across Kensington, Notting Hill and Holland Park, areas we know extremely well and love. As our reputation has spread, we’re working further afield, but still concentrating on important, listed buildings that people are drawn to and aspire to.
‘What we do best is respond creatively to and preserve these buildings’ gracious grandeur, while transforming them into highly functional homes fit for contemporary living. In 2022 we took on a magnificent, listed 2,000 sq/ft lateral apartment in Whitehall Court overlooking the Thames and Horse Guards Parade, with a dramatic circular dining room at its heart.
‘The owners see themselves as custodians of the property’s heritage so we’ve been careful to keep its features intact. We are also in the process of refurbishing a period five-storey townhouse in Kensington, creating a new mini basement and complex AV system and making the building all-electric. People are increasingly conscious of their carbon footprints and EPC ratings so we make sure we meet their requirements while never compromising the buildings’ inherent characters – in this case, restoring the cornicing and retaining the original staircase.
‘This year we’ll continue developing a fabulous detached Edwardian home in Hampstead. We’re looking to install an underground pool or gym and garage, another prime example of how we marry old and new. Our expert team, including architects and project managers, means we can oversee a project from concept to completion. One of our strengths is our trusted network of property, design and construction professionals, which enabled us to overcome the challenges of labour and supply shortages in the last year or two. By keeping our team small, we represent great value and offer solutions that would normally need a far larger business to deliver. We’re immensely proud of nurturing the skills and craftsmanship we need to punch way above our weight.’ Eamonn Agha, Director
Eamonn Agha founds Huntsmore, a Kensington-based residential property development business.
Huntsmore takes on RIBA-qualified architects to undertake architectural design and project management work.
The brand’s west London workshops enable it to design, manufacture, and install bespoke joinery and kitchens.
Huntsmore becomes a CIOB chartered building consultancy and a BIID registered design practice.
Following a successful Scottish project, Huntsmore is looking forward to growing all aspects of the business.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Eamonn Agha was born and still lives in Kensington, where Huntsmore’s HQ is based.
- Huntsmore is a gem of a business with a tight team of five, reflecting Eamonn Agha’s mission to supervise every detail of every project personally.
- Huntsmore’s in-house bespoke joinery team means cabinets, kitchens, wardrobes, alcoves or boot rooms can be turned around in just six to eight weeks – a record time for exquisite craftsmanship.
- Huntsmore rarely advertises, preferring discreet, word-of-mouth referrals – it has successfully taken on several projects recommended by Kensington-based Thackeray Art Gallery.
- From its workshop in west London, Huntsmore produces all of its joinery, so that it reaches homes fast and with less impact on the environment.
96 Kensington High Street, London, W8 4SG
+44 (0)20 7484 5745
You might also like...