Sanderson is an entry in our Interiors Book 2023.
Sanderson: Country & Town Interiors Book 2023
Sanderson is the home of iconic florals and explosive botanicals, pushing the boundaries of heritage design and reflecting British eclecticism at its best. From Arthur Sanderson’s Soho Square showroom, where he began selling his unique style of wallpaper over 160 years ago, the brand has risen to become one of the most influential names in interior design. Resolutely British and proud holders of the Royal Warrant, Sanderson’s wallpapers, fabrics, and paint are synonymous with nature, elevated through a discerning design eye. As Sanderson embarks on the next chapter of its design story, engaging with a fresh audience whose curiosity is satiated by their discovery of some of its most coveted archived designs, hero prints are given a platform through collaborations with artists and creatives. Long-loved favourites and new designs combine and juxtapose in an array of striking colourways, reflecting the very best of Sanderson in a bold new light, placing Sanderson front and centre for a new, design-forward audience while delighting core customers with impactful imagery and exciting new perspectives.
Responding to the brief of celebrating the joy of Sanderson across the decades and the nostalgic smile synonymous with the very mention of the brand name, photographer and creative stylist extraordinaire Damian Foxe focuses his expertise and lens, harnessing the power of creativity through a series of photographs to embrace print in all its multi-layered deliciously compelling possibilities. Lost in the narrative of her own storytelling, the protagonist becomes the heroine of her own future history.
The genius is not to reinvent but to see beauty from different perspectives. Freshness pervades as archive designs sit alongside new collections. These thought-provoking, evocative schemes speak to those with an appreciation for Sanderson botanicals, with a desire to put a new spin on treasured historical designs.
Freshness pervades as archive designs sit alongside new collections. These thoughtful, daring schemes are aimed at those with an appreciation for Sanderson’s botanicals, and a desire to put a new spin on treasured historical designs.
Tips, Tricks & Tools
- ‘Elevate interiors by pairing florals with a geometric pattern, or small-scale prints for daring contrast. Stripes set against a bold floral take your interior scheme in a new direction.’
- ‘Be bold with your palette. A vibrant wallpaper next to a strong accent colour in your woodwork makes a statement and creates a more playful interior.’
- ‘Play with trimmings to embellish soft furnishings, from cushions to headboards. Bordering bright patterns and piped edging on sofas shows a flair for daring designs.’
- ‘Mix old favourites with new designs from past and present and bring them together in new spaces for a fresh, cool look. Make iconic floral patterns sing paired with newer pieces.’
- ‘Painted shelving brings your colour palette full circle, from fabric, to wallpaper and paint.’
Secret Address Book
- TABLESCAPING: Fiona Leahy (fionaleahy.com).
- INTERIOR DESIGN STUDIO: Sanderson is working with Salvesen Graham on a Trims Collections and edit of its hero designs (salvesengraham.com).
- NEWSLETTER: Business of Home (businessofhome.com).