Address: Rockport School, Rockport, Holywood BT18 0DD
Number of Pupils: 230
Fees: From £7,340 per term
Head Teacher: Mr George Vance
Religious Affiliation: Non-Denominational
Entrance Procedure: A registration form followed by parents and children to visit or interview via Skype. Taster sessions can be organised by request.
Contact: Admissions Office +44 (0)28 9042 8372
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: We always welcome visits, please contact school office for more details.
Watch the video to find out more…
Rockport provides a broad, challenging and stimulating range of academic subjects for study at all levels. It is a path to independence, openness and maturity; a preparation for their chosen next stage and an environment in which to grow.
Games & The Arts
Games are a vital part of every child’s school day. Outdoor pursuits and adventurous activities play a huge part in challenging our pupils to try new experiences outside of their comfort zones. The arts is of equal importance at Rockport. Subject teachers work on a cross-curricular basis to nurture an appreciation of the arts and to foster a desire for academic enquiry in all our students.
Pastoral care is vitally important to the life and culture of our school. Class sizes promote a family atmosphere which underpins the structure and ethos of Rockport. Our school community aims for cohesion and inclusion for every child where the well-being of everyone is the prime concern of each member. The children are all recognised as individuals. Children are cared for, nurtured and encouraged at all stages of their development. We know that a happy, secure child is an effective learner. We aim to promote emotional intelligence; encourage tolerance and understanding between all; and foster the kind of community where everyone helps each other and looks after our environment.
Our pupils further their studies in some of the top Uk, Irish and international universities.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
We believe that our continued success is reliant on being able to move with the times – responding quickly to the many and varied changes in the world of education; maintaining emphasis on the individual pupil and his/her needs; and ensuring that the home/school partnership concentrates on communication and support.
- Rockport School is a co-educational Boarding and Day School for boys and girls aged 3–18
- Rockport is Northern Ireland’s only fully independent school
- We are a member of the Round Square organisation and its ethos is an integral part of everything that happens at the school
- We are home to the only school-based Golf Academy in Ireland
- Rockport is located in a stunning estate on the edge of Belfast Lough and with its own shoreline
- We aim to give pupils opportunities beyond the classroom across all faculties
- Excellent transport links – just ten minutes from local airport, one hour from London and one and half hours from Dublin