Address: Rossall School, Fleetwood, Lancashire, FY7 8JW
Number of Pupils: 600
Fees: Full Boarding from £19,620 per year, Weekly Boarding from £13,200 per year, Day from £7,650 per year
Head Teacher: Elaine Purves
Religious Affiliation: Church of England, although open to and respectful of all religious faiths.
Entrance Procedure: Non-selective
Contact: Admissions, 01253 774201
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Rossall welcomes visits to the school Monday to Friday all year-round.
Infant School: EYFS curriculum
Junior School: International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
Senior School (Years 7-11): National curriculum, culminating with IGCSE/GCSE examinations
Sixth Form: A-levels or the International Baccalaureate Diploma
Games & The Arts
Our spacious 160 acre campus has extensive sports and recreation facilities. The art department is housed in beautifully light and airy rooms, and the design department provides the very latest in CAD and workshop equipment, including a 3D printer.
On entering the school, every pupil is allocated a tutor or, in the case of the juniors, a class teacher. The tutor or class teacher plays a vital role in overseeing and promoting the positive progress of the pupils in their care, and is usually the first point of contact for parents if they have a query or concern that they would like to raise.
University destinations 2016 included Cambridge University and many Russell Group universities.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
Rossall is very much a holistic experience – through our diverse range of extra-curricular activities and vibrant mix of students, coupled with opportunities to challenge and explore, we manage to develop in our students that most prized of gifts: character. Our students are exceptional; the spirit and character developed during their time here will take them far.
• Founded in 1844, Rossall’s historic buildings nestle centrally within the 160-acre campus on the beautiful Lancashire coastline
• With nearly 40 different nationalities living and learning together – Rossall is a truly global village
• Rossall is one of only 16 Round Square schools in the UK
• Rossall is proud to be home to the oldest Combined Cadet Force (CCF) in the country established in 1860, and is one of only four schools with the Queen’s colours
• Rossall is the only school in the United Kingdom to have its very own Astronomy Centre and Victorian Observatory, with a resident astronomer, Dr Nick Lister
• Steeped in sporting excellence, Rossall is now able to offer the Rossall Golf Academy, delivered by PGA Professional Mr Stuart Hemmings, Rossall’s Director of Golf.