Address: St Hilary’s School, Holloway Hill, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1RZ
Number of Pupils: 280
Fees: £3,621 – £5,328
Head Teacher: Mrs Jane Whittingham (B.Ed Cert., Prof. Prac. SpLD)
Religious Affiliation: Christian ethos; we welcome pupils from all faiths and none
Entrance Procedure: Non-selective.
Contact: Mrs Joyce Dickenson, the Registrar
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: Termly Open Days, or personal visits booked by arrangement. Online meetings organised for families relocating.
Watch the video to find out more…
We offer a broad, balanced curriculum supported by a wide extra-curricular programme, giving individuals the chance to develop their talents and receive a well-rounded education for future life.
Games & The Arts
Our sports’ ethos is participation for all and we hope to foster a positive attitude towards physical activity. Music and drama play an important role in everyday life at the school and the standard is high. Our art, design and technology facilities are excellent.
We aim to provide a warm, safe, caring environment that enables all children to thrive. Pastoral care is initially the responsibility of the class teacher who provides a link between the school and home. We greatly value the individual and believe pupils benefit hugely from our smaller class sizes.
23 scholarships and exhibitions in 2020, including Prior’s Field, St Edmund’s, Seaford, Edgeborough and Tormead.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
At St Hilary’s, each pupil’s individual talents and strengths are recognised and utilised ensuring all reach their full potential in a vibrant, busy yet nurturing environment. Our aim is to educate the whole child by providing unequalled opportunities, support and encouragement for their ongoing development.
- ‘Happy, charming and academically successful.’ The Good Schools Guide, 2018
- ‘The quality of the pupils’ academic achievements and personal development is excellent.’ Independent Schools Inspectorate 2016
- Shortlisted in the Independent Schools of the Year 2020 in the Prep School category
- Awarded the British Council’s prestigious International School Award in recognition of its work to bring the world into the classroom
- Home to one of the few LEGO Innovation studios – found in Primary Education, providing the space – and equipment to deliver STEAM education using the LEGO education approach
- Godalming’s only independent prep school and – nursery.