Harrods Estates is an entry in our Great British Brands 2024 book.
Harrods Estates: Great British Brand 2024
‘Harrods Estates is a specialist estate agency with a unique portfolio of properties in super-prime areas of central London, including Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Kensington and Chelsea, as well as overseas. What sets us apart from other estate agents is our position within the Harrods Group; the globally renowned historic store in London’s Knightsbridge has long been the benchmark for luxury, exclusivity and trusted discretion for a worldwide high-end clientele. Those same values set the tone for how we’ve done business since 1897; the Harrods reputati–on precedes us, and we work hard to earn it in our property relationships.
With just two branches and a dedicated space in the store, we’re not a chain: we focus on high-value, not high volume. If technology can help, we use it, but personal relationships are paramount. Trust, discretion and confidentiality are our watchwords and we handle many properties off-market. Whether you are searching for a primary residence, pied-à-terre or investment property, we offer unparalleled local expertise and discretion for an international array of clients. From large apartments in luxurious purpose-built buildings to historic townhouses overlooking garden squares, Harrods Estates will help find, sell or let your perfect London property.
As part of the Harrods Group we can provide a wealth of additional services to vendors, purchasers, landlords, tenants and developers: translators from across the world, Russian and Middle East desks, top-to-toe property management, asset management services to residential developments, interior design consultants and personal shopping services. You can even access chartered helicopters to view potential London properties.
Harrods Estates has also long enjoyed a trusted association with the Royal Albert Hall, one of the UK’s most treasured buildings, held in trust for the nation and managed by a registered charity. Over many years we have applied our valued discretion in the sale and acquisition of stall seats and private boxes.’
Shaun Drummond, Sales Director
Five Proudest Moments
- The founding of Harrods Estates in 1897 to assist Harrods store customers with their property needs. In 2022, we proudly celebrated 125 years in business.
- In 1944 our offices were demolished by a V1 ‘doodlebug’ flying bomb. After a temporary move to Hans Crescent, not a single day of work was lost.
- Returning to Brompton Road in 2001, after many more moves, this time to Number 82, directly opposite the Harrods store and just yards from the original premises.
- Opening our second Harrods Estates office in 2005 at Mayfair’s 61 Park Lane, adjacent to The Dorchester hotel.
- Last year proved to be a very successful year with the highest value transactions since the pandemic, including several deals at the prestigious Peninsula Hotel, Hyde Park Corner, a sign of the resurgent ‘Knightsbridge Effect’.
What I’ve Learnt…
- Build relationships for the long term so that our customers feel valued enough to return repeatedly.
- Trust and discretion are appreciated by those with high profiles who set a premium on privacy in their property dealings.
- Exclusivity and specialist bespoke solutions are better advertisements for our services than being in the press.
82 Brompton Road, London SW3 1ER
+44 (0)20 7225 6506