To celebrate Dominique Ansel’s new bakery, try his mini madeleines recipe
These madeleines make for an easy and tasty French-inspired delight from the rockstar baker, Dominique Ansel
This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more
As Dominique Ansel opens his bakery in London this week, why not try this mini madeleine recipe from his book Dominique Ansel: Secret Recipes from the World Famous Bakery.
(makes about 100 mini madeleines)
Preparation and Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
95g granulated sugar
15g raw sugar
120g all purpose flour
4g baking powder
140g whole eggs
Zest of 1 whole lemon
Powdered sugar (for serving)
- Melt the butter and add in the raw sugar and honey.
- Mix together the salt, granulated sugar, flour, baking powder in a bowl. Add in the eggs at room temperature.
- Add in the melted butter and raw sugar mixture and the lemon zest. Mix together everything until evenly incorporated.
- Leave the batter to rest for a few hours prior to usage.
- When ready for service, prepare the madeleine mould by spraying it liberally with a non-stick cooking oil. Pipe the madeleine batter into the mould and cook at 190 degrees centigrade until it is golden brown and puffed in the centre (approximately 4 minutes).
- To unmold, simply knock the madeleine pan against a table top.
- Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
Recipe by Dominique Ansel (www.dominiqueansellondon.com)
Read more: Truffles, truffles, truffles: Three pudding recipes from Mark Sargeant
Read more: Get hygge with the Scandi Kitchen’s fika cake