Recipe: The Hangover Sandwich
Get ready for the festive season with this survival sandwich...
This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more
Here’s the perfect ‘day-after’ recipe to help you recover after a little overindulgence. Using powerful foods that contain antioxidants to assist the liver’s natural detoxification process, nutrients to soothe the digestive system and protein to re-energise.
The Ultimate Hangover Sandwich Recipe
- 2 slices of Biona buckwheat or millet bread, toasted
- ½ an Avocado, sliced with lemon juice drizzled over
- 1 organic egg, whisked with salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp of broccoli sprouts, rinsed and dried
- 1 tbsp of Sauerkraut or Kimchi
- Watercress & Spinach
- 1 tsp of artichoke paste
- Coconut oil/butter
- Toast the bread and spread with coconut butter and artichoke paste.
- Scramble the egg with a little coconut oil.
- Peel and slice the avocado and put into a bowl. Mix in a tablespoon of sauerkraut or kimchi.
- Put a layer of spinach and watercress on one slice of toast. Next, add on the avocado and sauerkraut, spoon the scrambled egg over the top.
- Then, add the broccoli sprouts and finish with a pinch of salt and pepper. Put the other slice on top, push down and let the food do its magic.
Recipe by Amelia Freer, author of Nourish and Glow: The 10 Day Plan
READ MORE: Best Afternoon Teas in London, Eat the Seasons: Fruit & Veg That’s in Season Now, Wine Trends 2017