Asparagus season is here and to celebrate we’ve got a fresh spring recipe for you. This ‘Insalata Primaverile’ recipe is by Franco de Todaro at Stuzzico Ristorante. With asparagus spears and soft boiled quails eggs, it’s the perfect spring lunch or supper al fresco.
Asparagus and Quail Eggs Salad Recipe
Preparation Time: Less than 30 minutes
Cooking Time: Less than 10 minutes
- 3 Romaine heart lettuce, chopped
- 10 Green asparagus spears, sliced on an angle
- 150g Young broad beans, podded
- 150g Peas, podded
- 150g Fresh or frozen soy beans
- 2 Radish, raw thinly-sliced
- 8 Quail eggs, soft boiled
- 200g Parmesan shavings
- 100g Baby spinach
- 300ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Drop in the green asparagus, add the broad beans, peas and soy beans and cook for a couple of minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop them cooking but not to cool them.
- Whisk the extra virgin oil with a good amount of sea salt and black pepper
- Mix all of the vegetables with the romaine lettuce, baby spinach, radish and parmesan shavings and pour the dressing over.
- Divide between four plates. Slice the cooked quail eggs in half and place an equal portion on the top of each salad.
- Enjoy this salad with a crisp glass of white wine, such as Pinot Bianco.