Address: Haileybury, Hertford SG13 7NU
Number of Pupils: 886
Fees: Senior boarding: £14,900 per term or £44,700 per annum.
Senior day: £10,9785 per term or £32,355 per annum.
Lower School boarding: £9,455 per term or £28,365 per annum.
Lower School day: £7,170 per term or £21,510 per annum.
Head Teacher: Mr Martin Collier MA BA PGCE
Religious Affiliation: Christian
Entrance Procedure: Academically selective with entry in Years 7, 9 and 12.
Contact: Admissions, 01992 706353
Email: [email protected]
School Visits: To get an impression of life at Haileybury attend an Open Day or arrange an individual appointment.
Watch the video to find out more…
A broad curriculum in Lower School (Years 7-8). A wide range of I/GCSE in the Main School. The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) or A-levels in sixth-form.
Games & The Arts
We empower each child to follow their passions and build self-confidence. There is an abundance of co-curricular activities from core sports cricket, hockey, netball and rugby to music, drama, scuba diving and bee-keeping.
The bedrock of a Haileybury education is outstanding pastoral care. The heart of which is our boarding house system, with pupils staying with the same house from Year 9 through to sixth-form. Pupils build bonds for life, sharing challenges and successes. Service plays a special role too as part of our philosophy to shape generous and compassionate individuals who are ready and willing to give back to society.
65 per cent of pupils go on to Russell Group universities.
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
A nurturing environment and spiritual encouragement underpin our endeavours and help shape the distinctive characteristics of Haileyburians. Our goal is for our young men and women to leave Haileybury fully equipped with the life skills and the academic credentials necessary for them to flourish in a competitive global employment market.
- Cited by the Best Schools to be one of the UK’s top independent boarding and day IB schools based on 2021 results.
- The school is listed as one of the top 100 secondary schools in the UK for its cricket provision by The Cricketer’s Good School Guide.
- A historic 500 acre campus with the largest academic quad in Europe.
- Former professionals head up the highly successful rugby, netball, hockey and cricket teams.
- Haileybury Youth Trust – the school’s award-winning charity that trains young people in climate friendly construction and builds schools, homes and water tanks in Uganda.
- Model United Nations conference – the largest of its kind in the UK.
- Flagship school for use of Artificial Intelligence and to support learning.