Recipe: Stilton and Ricotta Stuffed Courgette Flowers with Honey and Almond
A recipe from Lilac's founding chef Harriet Mansell
Make the most of the autumnal season with the best of its produce. Tuck into Harriet Mansell’s stilton and ricotta stuffed courgette flowers with honey and almond, as seen in restaurant Lilac.
Stilton and Ricotta Stuffed Courgette Flowers with Honey and Almond
- 4 Courgette flowers
- 100g Stilton cheese
- 100g Ricotta
- 1 Lemon zest
- 40g Sultanas
- Handful of soft herbs roughly chopped, this could be mint, basil or parsley or a mixture of all three
- Tempura batter
- 100g plain gluten free flour
- 90g sparkling water
- To serve
- Handful of toasted almonds
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Oil for frying
- To make the filling crumble the stilton into a bowl and mix with the ricotta. Roughly chop the sultanas and add to the mix. Finely grate the zest of a lemon into the mixture and then add the soft herbs. Mix the filling briefly so the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- To fill the flowers, gently open the petals and spoon the mixture into the flower. Carefully close the flower around the stuffing to sealthe mixture inside.
- To make the batter, whisk the cold sparkling water into the flour.
- Preheat a pan of oil to 180 degrees Celsius.
- To fry the flowers, dip them into the batter and then carefully into the hot oil. Let them cook for about or until the batter is crisp. Remove them from the oil and let them drain on some kitchen towel. Sprinkle with a pinch of flakey sea salt.
- To serve, drizzle with honey and a handful of flaked almonds.
Martin Miller’s Gin Bubble Bramble / Clodagh McKenna’s Roast Pumpkin, Mozzarella & Chilli
You might also like...