Address: Acton Burnell, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY5 7PF
Number of Pupils: 600
Fees:Boarding: £ 41,900 p/a, Day: £14,709 p/a.
Head Teacher:Mr Neil Hawkins MA (Cantab)
Religious Affiliation: None
Entrance Procedure: Selective. Entrance tests or Ukiset test (for overseas applicants), school reports and interview.
Email: Mrs Wendy Hartshorne, Admissions Registrar [email protected]
School Visits: Every day is an open day at Concord, please contact the admissions department to arrange.
Academic progress is at the heart of everyday life at Concord. GCSEs/IGCSEs and A-levels are at the centre of a challenging and demanding curriculum to give students the skills and qualifications needed for access to top universities in the UK and elsewhere.
At Concord we aim to create a caring and supportive environment for the development of all our students. We seek to encourage independence, maturity and responsibility in every student in our care. Students are expected to behave in a way that promotes understanding and harmony. Above all, we are a community committed to high standards, hard work and mutual respect.
What The Parents Say
‘Concord achieves so much more than academic excellence, it creates a real sense of community somewhere where young people can dream, have fun and aspire to become whatever their heart desires with confidence and self-belief. Staff genuinely care and take an interest in the lives of our young people, encouraging kindness and integrity. Concord’s holistic approach, ensures that the students’ wellbeing is paramount, and offers opportunities to students from a variety of upbringings, without discrimination.’
Head Teacher’s Philosophy
‘As England’s premier international school, Concord is a place in which young people can flourish, find confidence and a sense of self-worth whilst achieving the very highest academic standards. It is a warm, calm and friendly community in which values of trust and decency are shared between staff and students.’
- Best-ever A-level results: 84% A*/A at A level (97% A*-B grade, 100% A*-C grade).
- 19 students into Oxford and Cambridge.
- 11 students into LSE, 17 to Imperial, 10 to KCL and 34 into UCL.
- 35 students into medical, dental and veterinary schools.
- 72% of Concord’s university places were for top 10 UK universities (81% for top 20).
- 47% of GCSE grades awarded were grade 9 or equivalent – 10 times the national average for grade 9. 85% were grade 7 or higher (A*/A equivalent).
- Concord has been ranked in the top 3 independent schools for A level according to the latest data provided by the ISC (Independent Schools Council).
- Ranked 5th for independent schools for A level results in The Daily Telegraph. Ranked 5th in The Times for A Level results in co-educational schools. Ranked 6th for independent schools for GCSE results in The Times.
- Highly academic coeducational international college for boarding and day students.
- Welcomes students from all over the world and the local area.
- The ethos is based on looking beyond differences
- Students value learning and treat each other and their teachers with respect and kindness.