Step inside this gorgeous and very white Couchevel hotel, the perfect retreat after a days skiing.
Following the success of White 1921 Saint-Tropez, the White 1921 Courchevel hotel designed by Jean-Michel Wilmotte opens its door to a new Alpine season in the heart of Courchevel 1850, on the renowned Croisette Fiona Duncan tells us why it’s worth a visit.
For the perfect escape, what could be the simply luxury of a white hotel, set in the Alps? Not much. Just imagine spending New Year at this glamorous hotel…
1. Its ritzy location: in the 1850s bejewelled centre, squeezed between Dior and Louis Vuitton…
2. … perfect for shopaholic oligarchs and keen-to-go skiers, because it’s also right by the cable cars
3. Its lack of pretension; it may be the latest hotel from luxury goods conglomerate LVMH, in the heart of La-La Land, but it feels homely and welcoming to all…
4. … thanks to manager Agnès and her young, friendly team.
5. The in-house ski hire, with all the latest equipment and staff who whisk your skis and boots away the moment you arrive home.
6. The hammam and sauna for soothing away the day’s aches.
7. Watching pouty-lipped prima donnas, wrapped in mink and flanked by bodyguards, saunter
along the Croisette from your balcony.
8. And watching the day’s thrills and spills: catch them on your phone camera and play them back via Air Time on the huge TV screen; plentiful movies too.
9. The superb breakfast, with yoghurts, fruits and cold meats temptingly displayed.
10. The cost: White 1921 is glamorous but diminutive and so prices, compared to the nearby palace hotels, are within reach.
For more info on the ski season, read our insider’s guide.
Doubles from £216 per night. www.white1921.com