Forever Fashion And Equestrian Style: Holland Cooper Is Beautifully Tailored And British-Made
Holland Cooper is a Great British Brand 2023
Holland Cooper is an entry in our Great British Brands 2023 book.
Holland Cooper: Great British Brand 2023
‘Alongside the growing popularity of online shopping, I felt it was important to invest in bricks and mortar and offer that luxury, personalised experience that’s not possible digitally. We opened our Cheltenham boutique with specialist stylists just over a year ago and I couldn’t be prouder.
‘Our collections continue to expand. Our accessories and footwear is really established, with our popular shearling-lined wellies a must-have. At the 2022 Burghley Horse Trials, we launched one of my personal favourites, the Albany knee boot, handmade from premium suede.
‘In 2022 we also opened our brand new showroom which displays future season’s products, allowing us to host immersive wholesale buying sessions as well as influencer and private appointments.
‘Our savvy use of social media, with talent and celebrity endorsement, has driven sales and supported our online growth. HRH The Princess of Wales has also regularly been spotted wearing Holland Cooper.
‘Our way of adapting to this new world of ours is to keep growing our offering of forever fashion: wardrobe staples in classic styles and cuts that will always remain relevant. Many of our most popular garments, from trench coats to classic blazers, are replicates of the originals. You might see seasonal updates in trims or fabrics, but people know they’re buying a classic from us.
‘Holland Cooper is one of the UK’s leading buyers of wool and tweed and British made tailoring will always be key to our business. We still have our own tailoring facility, where garments are hand cut using traditional methods. We celebrate our makers, and our brand is a testament that supporting British manufacturing goes hand-in-glove with a successful business. My aim is to implement an apprentice scheme to get young people into manufacturing, to provide jobs and future-proof traditional skills.’ Jade Holland Cooper, founder and Managing Director
Jade Holland Cooper founds the brand, selling skirts at a stand at Badminton Horse Trials
A keen horse rider, Jade launches the ‘HC Equestrian’ collection of breeches, gilets and base layers
First footwear launched with the Holland Cooper Wellingtons, which are fully lined in soft sherpa
HRH The Princess of Wales wears the full-length Marlborough trench coat in heather tartan
A Holland Cooper flagship boutique opens in Cheltenham and offers the first childrenswear collection, ‘Little HC’.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Founder Jade co-owns No 131, a luxury boutique hotel in Cheltenham, with her husband Julian Dunkerton.
- No 131 is the home of The Terrace and Yoku restaurants plus the award-winning Gin & Juice bar. ‘Style & Shop’ packages offer stays and appointments with the Holland Cooper boutique.
- Jade’s of-the-moment understanding of social media has gained her a multitude of Instagram followers. When Jade shows her followers how to create her timeless looks, pieces often sell out in minutes.
- All Holland Cooper tailoring is British made. Tweed and wool garments are cut by hand using traditional methods – just as Jade did herself from the beginning.
- Last year Holland Cooper announced its annual turnover as £22.7 million and the brand continues to see impressive growth year on year.
HOLLAND COOPER BOUTIQUE
Cotswold House, The Barlands London Road, Charlton Kings, Cheltenham GL52 6UT
+44 (0)1608 658063
You might also like...