Dessert of the Week: Chocolate Pantry Bites
Our dessert of the week is Bettina Campolucci Bordi’s chocolate pantry bites
Happy New Year everyone. I hope that you have enjoyed the holidays and all that it brings. I know that many of us have enjoyed a lot of food this season and I hope that you have fully emerged yourself into eating and celebrating with loved ones. With the holidays comes a lot of chocolate buying, eating and gifting. I often find bits and bobs of half-eaten packets of chocolates scattered around. It is also the season of dried fruits and nuts that make their way into baked delights, Christmas cakes, mince pies and more.
I have the perfect waste-free festive recipe for you. It’s a take on florentines but made with all your leftovers from here and there. Perfect for gifting or keeping in the fridge for when the sweet pangs arise.
Recipe: Chocolate Pantry Bites
Makes 1 tray
- 50g leftover mixed nuts and dried fruits, roughly chopped
- 170g leftover chocolate
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate over a bain marie (if it won’t fully melt, add 1 tsp coconut oil to it and stir well).
- Drop 1 tbsp rounds of melted chocolate across the baking tray and flatten them slightly, leaving enough space between each one so that they don’t merge into each other.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of nuts/fruit mix on top of each chocolate round.
- Put straight into the fridge or freezer to harden for at least 15 minutes or overnight.
- Remove from the tray and put into an airtight container, or in little gift bags to give as presents.
MORE DESSERT OF THE WEEK:
You might also like...