Ahead of this year’s Ideal Home Show in partnership with NatWest, nutritional therapist and author Madeleine Shaw brings you her sticky and delicious vegetarian cauliflower recipe (or make it vegan by swapping the eggs for plant based milk). Work from home lunch – sorted.
Recipe: Madeleine Shaw’s Sticky Cauliflower Wings
Ready in 30 minutes
1 cauliflower, cut into florets2 eggs, whisked (swap for 200ml of plant milk if vegan)
Batter:1 tsp of salt 1 tsp ground pepper 1 tsp of chinese five spice 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper 1 tsp of garlic powder 150g of cashews, blitzed into flour consistency
Glaze:3 tbsp of maple syrup 3 tbsp of siracha 2 tbsp of tamari or soy sauce 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Start by preheating the oven to 210c.
- Place the batter ingredients in a bowl and whisk the egg in another.
- Dip the cauliflower in the whisked eggs then add to the cashew batter and coat.
- Once coated put the cauliflower on a rack if you have one if not on a lined baking tray.
- Repeat this for all of the florets with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 22-25 mins until crispy and cooked through.
- Just before you take out the cooked cauliflower, make the glaze.
- Heat the ingredients in a pan for a few minutes then drizzle over the cauliflower and sprinkle over some sesame seeds to serve.
The Ideal Home Show, in partnership with NatWest, the world’s longest running exhibition, will return to Olympia London from Friday 11th to Sunday 27th March 2022. Madeleine Shaw will be on the Eat & Drink Stage on Thursday 24th March. For more information and tickets, please visit idealhomeshow.co.uk