While we’ve not had the sunniest of summers this year (or the warmest, for that matter), we have our fingers crossed that August will give us a mini heatwave before we start thinking about autumn. When that heat hits, we doubt you’ll want to keep your oven on – so we’ve dug out some of our favourite no-oven-needed summer dessert recipes from TikTok for you to try at home.
TikTok Summer Dessert Recipes (No Oven Needed)
Lemoncello Tiramiso by The Foodie Haul
An instant follow from us, The Foodie Haul is the place to go when baking inspiration doesn’t strike. Sourcing some of the tastiest baking recipes from across the internet, this TikTok account shows you how to bake desserts for every occasion – even when it’s too hot to even think about switching on the oven.
@thefoodiehaul This tiramisu is light, tangy and it has a very vibrant color! If you’re having guests over or simply craving a light fruity dessert, either way this #limoncello tiramisu got you covered!🍋 (The recipe is divieded into 2) Here’s what you’ll need: (Lemoncello – alcoholfree) Lemoncurd: 100 ml lemon juice 150 g sugar 3 eggs 50 ml water 1 tsp cornstarch 50 g butter (optional) 1. Combine lemon juice, sugar, water in a double boiler and bring it to medium/high heat. 2. Mix eggs together with cornstarch in another bowl. When the sugar starts dissolving, add the egg/cornstarch mixture. 3. Whisk constantly for 6-9 minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken. 4. Let it cool down in the fridge with plastic foil on top – make sure its cooled slightly in the countertop, before adding the plastic foil. Mascarpone Filling: 2 packages of ladyfingers (about 24-30 pieces) 250 g mascarpone cream 300 ml whipping cream 100 g powdered sugar 300 ml warm milk To make the creamfilling: 1. Mix together mascarpone, whippingcream and powdered sugar for 1-2 minutes on high speed. Set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before using. 2. To assemble the tiramisu, soak the ladyfingers one by one in the warm milk and place a layer on a deep dish. (I used a 18×30). 3. Spread about 1/4 of the mascarpone cream, followed by half the lemon curd. Spread some more mascarpone filling on top and repeat with another layer of lemon curd. 4. Remember to save 1/4 of the cream for the characteristic tiramisu dots on top! 5. Sprinkle with some lemon zezst and mint leaves! Enjoy!🍋 #lemon #lemoncello #lemons #tiramisu #baking #cake #dessert #summer #easy #yummy #foodie #desserts #dessertlover #foodblogger #yummyness #mezmerizing #tangy #lemoncellotiramisu #foodphotography #pastry #ladyfingers #mascarpone #mascarponecream #yellow #lemoncurd #homemade #italy #italiandessert #fyp #viral #foodtiktok #delicious #food #yummy #sweets #sweet #dessert ♬ P.I.Tchaikovsky, Swan Lake (Swan Theme) – AllMusicGallery
- 2 packages of ladyfingers (about 24-30 pieces)
For the lemon curd (avoid using an oven by buying premade lemon curd)
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 150 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 ml water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 50 g butter (optional)
For the cream filling
- 250 g mascarpone cream
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 300 ml warm milk
To make the lemon curd (avoid using an oven by buying premade lemon curd)
- Combine lemon juice, sugar, water in a double boiler and bring it to medium/high heat.
- Mix eggs together with cornstarch in another bowl. When the sugar starts dissolving, add the egg/cornstarch mixture.
- Whisk constantly for 6-9 minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Let it cool down in the fridge with plastic foil on top – make sure its cooled slightly in the countertop, before adding the plastic foil.
To make the cream filling
- Mix together mascarpone, whipping cream and powdered sugar for 1-2 minutes on high speed. Set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before using.
- To assemble the tiramisu, soak the ladyfingers one by one in the warm milk and place a layer on a deep dish. (The Foodie Haul uses an 18×30 dish)
- Spread about 1/4 of the mascarpone cream, followed by half the lemon curd. Spread some more mascarpone filling on top and repeat with another layer of lemon curd.
- Remember to save 1/4 of the cream for the characteristic tiramisu dots on top!
- Sprinkle with some lemon zest and mint leaves!
Find the chef: @thefoodiehaul on TikTok
Mango Delight by Mahnoor Saad
Pakistani food blogger Mahnoor Saad is on a mission to taste the world – and she’s bringing along her followers for the ride. Alongside restaurant reviews and travel diaries, she creates delicious, easy-to-follow recipes. This summer dessert recipe is our favourite, and we think it might just end up yours too…
@mahnoorsaadofficial This Mango Delight recipe is a game changer, trust me! You wont be able to resist this delicious dessert. Give it a try & thank me later! 🥭 Ingredients: 200ml whipped cream Mango purée (2 large mangoes) Condensed milk (4 tbsp or to taste) Candy Biscuits (12-15) Melted butter 3 tbsp Mango Chunks (2 medium mangoes) Share if you try! 🏻 #islamabadfoodbloggers #islamabadians #foodlover #foodie #foodstylist #foodphotography #instafood #foodporn #lahorefood #karachifood #instamood #foodreview #pakistanifoodbloggers #pakistanifood #chinesefood #streetfood #streetstylefood # indianfood #islamabadrestaurants #mangodelight #mangodessert #summerdessert #dessertrecipe #easydessert #healthydessert #fruitdessert #pakistanirecipes ♬ original sound – Mahnoor Saad
- 200ml whipped cream
- Mango purée (2 large mangoes)
- Condensed milk (4 tbsp or to taste)
- Candy Biscuits (12-15)
- Melted butter 3 tbsp
- Mango Chunks (2 medium mangoes)
- In a bowl, mix whipped cream, condensed milk and mango purée. Combine until the mixture is smooth and golden.
- Break down your biscuits into a crumb, and then use the crumbs to line the bottom of a dish of your choice. Mix melted butter with the crumbs and then press the mixture into the bottom of the dish with a spoon (or the bottom of a glass, like Mahnoor), making sure the layer is even.
- Add a layer of chopped mango chunks to the dish, pressing them down lightly with a spatula to create an even line.
- Add you cream mixture for the final layer.
- To the top, add small interchanging dollops of mango purée and cream. You can then use the end of a utensil to swirl them together in a marble effect.
No Bake Coconut Cheesecake by Foodie Petit
Cheesecake is a crowd-pleaser no matter the season – especially when an oven isn’t needed to make it. This cheesecake recipe by Barcelona-based TikToker Foodie Petit is a delicious blend of coconut, white chocolate and cream – and takes as little as two hours to set in the fridge.
@foodiepetit #cooking # #food #recipe #simplerecipe #dessertrecipe ♬ La Lecon Particuliere – Bof La Lecon Particuliere – Francis Lai & Christian Gaubert
For the base
- Crushed biscuits 180 g
- Butter 75 g
For the main filling
- Cream cheese 380 g
- Yoghurt 75 g
- Coconut flakes 75 g
- White chocolate 200 g
For the top layer
- Coconut cream 100 g
- White chocolate 80 g
For the base
- Crush cookies and mix with butter.
- Lay out in a baking tin, making sure that the mixture covers the sides as well as the bottom.
For the main filling
- Whip cream cheese with yogurt and coconut.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (stir every 15 seconds), and then add to the cheese mixture and stir.
- Spread the filling over the biscuit base.
For the top layer
- Heat coconut cream in the microwave (stir every 15 seconds) and add white chocolate to it. Mix until the chocolate melts.
- Pour the mixture over the cheesecake base and filling and refrigerate everything for at least two hours before serving.
Find the chef: @foodiepetit on TikTok
Featured image: Suzy Hazelwood, Pexels